Author Thread: Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 09:53 PM

But what’s the difference between Billy Graham’s “love” and biblical love⁉️⁉️

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 05:05 AM

Billy Graham preached Christ and Christ only. He did not preach another gospel. He did more well at preaching the gospel than any of us on this site combined. I have no criticism of him except a building project of his in Africa where he funded a hydro-electric powerplant that defaced and destroyed the beautiful work of God to concrete it over to provide electricity for the inhabitants of that area. He showed before and after photos. My heart dropped when such a beautiful waterfall was destroyed for modernization. Other than that, I have no criticism of Billy Graham. I think he was a true servant of God and not a false teacher. Billy Graham encouraged people to read the Bible and gave people Bibles to read and he encouraged them to go to church and to find Bible teaching churches. Even in his death, his messages still resound.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 06:36 AM

WNT

Good response.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 09:16 AM

None of the posters replied to the original question in the thread title. But that’s ok, sometimes forum discussions take curious turns. Just makes the discussion more entertaining, so, no harm no foul.

Walk&Talk, QUOTE: “Billy Graham preached Christ and Christ only. He did not preach another gospel. He did more well at preaching the gospel than any of us on this site combined. I have no criticism of him except a building project…” END QUOTE

LD: Ok, may I assume, up to this point, that you’ve obeyed scripture by conducting a scriptural fact-check type inquiry into the teachings of Billy Graham?

If so, the following excerpts and statements from Billy Graham, as this thread unfolds, will not surprise you.

First of all, Billy Graham regarded the clear teaching, found in Genesis 1 and 2, open to interpretation. He also had no difficulty with inserting evolution into the context of creation and he even considered evolution a part of “science”.

But it gets even worse as we will see.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 10:02 AM

Yes, we are to watch our doctrines. (1 Timothy 4:16)

Billy Graham is not the standard. Christ is. John the Baptist was not the standard. Christ is.

We all blunder in speech. We all say things that are off. If people take a fine tooth comb to us, fault will be found.

David was found innocent even while eating the consecrated bread which was lawful only for the priests to do, and Jesus said not to condemn the innocent. I think God has said to Billy Graham, "WELL DONE. ENTER IN."

True! "Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings." (Hebrews 13:9)

Good you catch Billy Graham on some things. No one is perfect. We all need correction. But somethings are petty.

In one place, Paul says that the important thing is that Christ is being preached. In another place, he spoke a curse on anyone who preach anything different from what he preach.

Doctrines differ from people to people. Some doctrines get pretty strange. But rather than quarrel over doctrines, I am sure Billy Graham wished to give emphasis to the Good News and Christ's teachings on love which fulfills the Law. There are many matters and many Bible matters and many opinions. Billy Graham wished to focus on souls and harvesting souls and bringing folks to Christ, then it is up to you to work out your own salvation as it were after the knowledge of Christ. Billy Graham is just a seed planter who helped in the harvest as well.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 10:39 AM

You're questions are answered, you think you know it All .

Think again.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 10:44 AM

@ LD

Above comment was to you!

Billy Graham was a good Bible preacher unlike yourself.

You made a topic on me hoping you get people to agree with You !!

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 12:05 PM

I have to claim ignorance when it comes to Billy Graham as I've heard only few snippets of what he preached.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 03:27 PM

Handyman, you’re in luck. Moonlight madness, who is one miracle shy of a full load, has all the answers‼️‼️‼️🤣😂😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 03:35 PM

Moonlight, why do you get all worked up when I expose false teachings⁉️⁉️⁉️ 🤔

If the shoe fits wear it‼️😇

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 03:35 PM

No I never claim I do.

You Think you do . LD

Event by you Topics.

Then you start degrading others Briefs here .

Laughing like it's comedy!

Sad

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10