Author Thread
WalkNTalk

View Profile
Dealing with boy kids
Posted : 12 May, 2024 09:30 AM

Give them options.

1 Corinthians 4:21 CJB

Which do you prefer — should I come to you with a stick? or with love in a spirit of gentleness?

I never had any problems raising my daughters.

But if I had to do it again, I would not buy worthless things or things that they grow quickly out of other than clothes and shoes.

Better to save money and teach kids to save money.

Probably good to teach them to seek first the kingdom of God and to give God offerings in appreciation for what God does for you.

Good to begin whole life policies on children while they are young and teach them to save and watch their savings grow.

How many toys does one need?

How many books does one need when there are libraries for books?

How many movies does one need to buy when one has the internet?

Better not to teach materialism.

Good to give to Thrift Stores.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Happy Mother's Day
Posted : 12 May, 2024 09:13 AM

all single moms!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Children are a blessing
Posted : 12 May, 2024 09:11 AM

Happy Mother's Day!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
USA money and marriage
Posted : 11 May, 2024 10:52 PM

Hope you all have a good summer.

Take a break from the war of words and enjoy days away from the computer.

Have a vacation away from the online arguments and gain more perspective.

Life is short.

Life is outside the garden.

We don't have many days.

Is this how we want our lives to be? Fighting online with people we have not even met.

Our virtual brothers and sisters in Christ.

I think some of this is healthy. I think some of this is unhealthy. Let's get back to healthy discussion. But now I think we all need a break.

Enjoy the summer!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
USA money and marriage
Posted : 11 May, 2024 10:45 PM

We are called to peace.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Did Jesus begin evangelizing people by saying, “God has a wonderful plan for your life” or did he say, “God loves you” like modern evangelists do⁉️⁉️
Posted : 11 May, 2024 10:38 PM

John 20:29

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Perhaps that is the miracle!

John 14:12

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Is it a miracle that people believe without the miracles?

Luke 4:27

And there were many in Israel with leprosy in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed—only Naaman the Syrian.”

I am skeptical of miracles. But I believe miracles exist. I believe opportunists profit off many claims. That is perhaps more common than the genuine. The miracle of money! People who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

1 Timothy 6:5

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Word of God
Posted : 10 May, 2024 10:34 AM

I sure ain't the standard of truth.

We should be like the Bereans in the book of Acts checking on everything they hear.

Acts 17:11

Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
Did Jesus begin evangelizing people by saying, “God has a wonderful plan for your life” or did he say, “God loves you” like modern evangelists do⁉️⁉️
Posted : 10 May, 2024 09:24 AM

Yes, we do hear of that.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
USA money and marriage
Posted : 10 May, 2024 09:18 AM

I have been on this site since before covid.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
USA money and marriage
Posted : 10 May, 2024 09:07 AM

I am familiar with cupcake.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10