Author Thread: Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 09:53 PM

But what’s the difference between Billy Graham’s “love” and biblical love⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:46 PM

W&T: Many people gained faith in Jesus Christ because of Billy Graham.

LD: True

W&T: One of his crusades was in the Soviet Union and the Red Army beautifully sang a hymn. The world was amazed and astounded. It was a beautiful rendition in a country that was known for Hating God and being atheists. That itself was a miracle deserving of attention. Rick Renner being in Russia and having a gospel outreach out of Russia by his own words was "UNLIKELY" but God made it happen.

LD: If you think communists, who are hardcore atheists and God haters, were suddenly willing to allow God into their country, think again. Communists are known for staging media events strictly for its positive optics to sway world opinion. This is a well known fact. Do you honestly believe the communist allowed an uncensored Russian Bully Graham crusade to air all over on communist networks⁉️Things like this are designed for worldwide consumption not so the Russian people will repent.

You don’t become a hardened warrior in the Red Army by bowing to Christianity‼️‼️ Pretending to be Christian is an old trick played by all kinds of communists and Nazis. Why do you think travel routes through communist countries go through wealthy neighborhoods instead of neighborhoods made poor by communist economic policies. Nice neighborhoods no doubt belong to members of the ruling class and travel routes are supposed to showcase communist “prosperity”⁉️ It’s all about propaganda‼️

W&T: God is the same yesterday, today and forever. So miracles must still happen. There are moving's of God that are not noticed by us. Nonetheless, they are there. I do not see everything that is going on. I do not notice everything that is going on. Still a vast and infinite wealth of things with infinite detail is going on before us without our notice or knowledge and God holds it all together in the palm of his hand. I don't know the detail. But God does.

LD: This is an invalid argument from silence. You said earlier that God is the same yesterday and today, now you’re implying he’s different because nowadays nobody can see his modern miracles! When Jesus and the Apostles were on earth, their miracles were performed in public or the public was clearly aware of them. But you’re saying miracles happen today but no one sees them or knows about them? So which is it?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:48 PM

Furthermore, if your invalid interpretation of, “God being the same yesterday…” is correct, then God is still creating the earth and Jesus must still be on the cross‼️

God and Jesus are the same but only in the sense the Holy Spirit intended to convey the concept of sameness. I would encourage you to check out the fuller context of that verse

W&T: I think Billy Graham did his job while on earth. I think he led more to Christ than he led away from Christ. I think colleges have led away more people from Jesus Christ than Billy Graham ever had. I do not know one person that Billy Graham led away from the Lord…”

LD: These are more invalid arguments from silence. You continue to beg the question with your propositions that begin with, “I think…”. This is how evolutionists argue for evolution.

W&T: ”…unless by his teaching Billy has led you away from the Lord by his opinion on some topic that was not the Gospel.

LD: Billy Graham did not lead me away from Christ or the gospel. Billy Graham led me away from Billy Graham

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:53 PM

W&T: There is always a divide in our opinions. In oneself, there are many divides. You could argue a thousand points within yourself alone without there being any other person upon this site or upon the earth. We have arguments within ourselves. We can represent all sides.

LD: Yet another argument from silence. Please list the contrary arguments that you’re alluding to. I’ve been on this site for quite some time and my arguments are fairly consistent.

W&T: Billy Graham represented Christ and him crucified and him raised from the dead and him being the Son of God who came to take away the sin of the world and that whoever put his faith in him would be saved. He was pretty simple in that. The simple Gospel Good News!

LD: I agree but that’s only when he stuck to evangelism. It’s the other stuff he taught that makes him controversial. Even Mormons preach the gospel but it’s the other stuff they add to it that makes them cultish

W&T: Yes, we are all wrong on somethings. We are usually not wrong on everything.

LD: I agree, but some people are unlike Peter, they won’t admit error even when it is clearly presented to them

W&T: But I have reasons to question my own judgment. I am not the standard for truth.

LD: I agree with you 100%, l question your judgements too, especially on this thread. 😇

W&T: The idea is that the Bible is the standard for truth and reliable. But therein, there are many disagreements that don't end.

LD: The Bible IS the standard, you’re right. So when are you going to join me in defending its truth instead of defending those who create false disagreements and who make the truth unclear? 😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:59 PM

W&T: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? (1 Corinthians 1:12-13)

LD: Exactly, so why are on the Billy Graham band wagon defending him? You should be like Paul pointing out Peter’s (Billy Graham’s) obvious error so that other people aren’t snagged into error

W&T: 1 Corinthians 3: 4-15 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings? 5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

LD: Now you’re turning Paul’s admonition into a bundle of contradiction. Haven’t you read about Paul taking Peter to task for leading Barnabas and a bunch of other people astray? It’s all detailed in the letter to the Galatians?

I’m trying to do the same as Paul regarding the false teachings and errors of Billy Graham 

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

W&T: Billy Graham was a good man. He did the will of God.

LD: False teaching is not the will of God

W&T: He was a good steward of the time and talents the Lord gave him. He had the respect of many. Even people who were not in Christ and not believers respected Graham for his earnest devotion to the Gospel of Christ Jesus.

LD: What about: Luke 6:26 that says: Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.Many people didn’t and still don’t speak well of Christ or the Prophets.

Further, You’re doing exactly what Paul said not to do in the verses you quoted. You’re defending Billy Graham instead of fact checking his teachings with the word of God. It seems you’re trying to cover his faults instead of helping other people avoid them.

Just because everyone likes a person doesn’t make that person right in the eyes of God. In the case of Paul and Peter, you can bet some people opposed Paul for rebuking Peter. Peter’s actions were leading others astray? But you can be sure Peter had his defenders. Nevertheless, Peter took the high road and changed course.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 05:02 PM

W&T: None are perfect. But of those not perfect, I see Billy Graham in heaven and a whole lot of people there through him.

LD: Based on scripture, Billy graham’s bad works would have been burned up.

Did you know it’s a fact, that unknown humble obedient men and women living out their lives as witnesses for Jesus Christ everyday have done more for the kingdom of God than Billy Graham has ever done. These are the facts. You can think what you want but have you examined follow up studies of supposed converts who came forward at Billy Graham’s crusades⁉️You might be discouraged with the results when you realize how many actually continued in the faith. Lots of money spent for so little.

God is in the habit of using the weak things of the world to confound those who think they are “wise” big money evangelists

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 05:03 PM

W&T: None are perfect. But of those not perfect, I see Billy Graham in heaven and a whole lot of people there through him.

LD: Based on scripture, Billy graham’s bad works would have been burned up.

Did you know it’s a fact, that unknown humble obedient men and women living out their lives as witnesses for Jesus Christ everyday have done more for the kingdom of God than Billy Graham has ever done. These are the facts. You can think what you want but have you examined follow up studies of supposed converts who came forward at Billy Graham’s crusades⁉️You might be discouraged with the results when you realize how many actually continued in the faith. Lots of money spent for so little.

God is in the habit of using the weak things of the world to confound those who think they are “wise” big money evangelists

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 05:17 PM

W&T: I think I am less righteous than Billy Graham, and when I think about the parable about the three servants each given talents to invest for their master, I think Billy Graham has done a better job investing the talents the Lord gave him than I have done with the talents that God has given me.

LD: That’s not something for you to decide. ONLY God weighs motives and he only knows the attitude of the heart. Lots of fine sounding “evangelists” make a lot of noise to impress people but only God knows their heart. Who knows, you might actually be more righteous than Billy Graham‼️

W&T: Do you think you are MORE RIGHTEOUS THAN BILLY GRAHAM?

What is your answer? Sincerely Little David. Do you think you are more righteous than Billy Graham and that you have less faults than Billy Graham?

LD: As I indicated earlier, this is a judgment left only for the Righteous Judge who knows every man’s heart. Only he can judge matters of righteousness. But fyi, I receive my righteousness from the perfect life of Jesus as a gift. Only his works of perfect obedience to Gods law can make us sinners perfect in the eyes of God

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 06:06 PM

Sounds like a good answer. But reminds me of Matthew 21:25. Jesus might say "Neither will I tell you."

Of course, some may think themselves as Paul calling out Peter.

Love fulfills the law and is the weightier matter. Of course, we are to watch our doctrines, but if we miss love, then we just make a lot of clang and miss the point. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 01:57 AM

John 5:33-35 “You have sent to John, and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.

1 John 5:9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 02:00 AM

We are just imperfect vessels.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10