Author Thread: Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 09:53 PM

But what’s the difference between Billy Graham’s “love” and biblical love⁉️⁉️

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 10:18 AM

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Prayers for your Spiritual deliverance of Self Pridefulness.

Degrading " Christian"

LD

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 10:34 AM

I do not know how much it has been proven that the likes of Billy Graham has driven people away from Christ or driven folks away from the belief in creation -- that God created the heavens and the earth. Unless one reads Satan's Press.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 10:41 AM

The Bible has different forms of love. "Agape love" and "Phila love" and "Eros love". In English, we just say love.

Solomon had plenty of eros for his 700 wives and 300 concubines which led him away from God. David had a great phila (brotherly love) for Jonathon. God has an agape love for us which is an unconditional love.

I hope Billy Graham does not have any eros for you, but I am certain he had an intimate eros with his wife. I do not think you have an unconditional agape love for Billy Graham.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 11:10 AM

Women love men opportunistically. I wonder which category that type of love falls in?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:21 PM

W&T, I’m still in the process of answering your previous questions and comments but I don’t mind you posting more.

But you tend to post more things you don’t understand.

For example, your misunderstanding of agape love.

Words, including biblical words for love, are defined by context not necessarily by the words range of meaning.

Check out agape love as translated in the following verse from the Septuagint into English from 2 Samuel 13:15

And Amnon hated her with very great hatred, for so great was the hatred with which he hated her, greater wickedness than was at the first and far more than the love with which he loved her. And Amnon said to her, “Get up and get out!” (2 Samuel 13 and see if you can find self-sacrificing love in action.

Don’t take my word for it, look it up for yourself. Clearly Amnon “loved” (agaped) Tamar so much he raped her. So where’s the “sacrificial agape” love you’re speaking about?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:23 PM

Unconditional love, I mean.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 12:39 PM

Please read 2 Samuel 13 in its entirety and see if you can find a trace of Ammon’s “unconstitutional sacrificial (agape) love” for Tamar!!

Dictionaries help us define the various ranges of meanings a word has but the context in which the word appears determines which range of meaning applies

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 02:58 PM

And I thought it was eros that Amnon had for Tamar. Well, great was his agape love for her -- so much that he hated her, disgraced her and threw her out. Maybe Absalom showed some agape love for Amnon later.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 03:16 PM

You are welcome to tell me what you find in your word searches. I only read the Bible in English and have not done much word studies. If I knew Hebrew, I would happily read the Bible in Hebrew. If I knew Greek, I would happily read the Bible in Greek. I don't aspire beyond English. I favor the translations that are more literal or dynamic equivalent according to reviews. Anyway, if you want to find fault with Christians and you want to find error, you will surely find faults and errors. But while pointing a finger, your other fingers are pointing back at you. So point all fingers when you accuse. It is like removing a speck in someone else's eye with a board in your own as it were. But you may have some true points on Billy Graham where he flawed and others did not know about. Christian singer Larry Norman had a child through a woman and no one knew about it. His child did not think highly of his dad and posted bad words about him on youtube after the death of Larry Norman. Billy Graham and his crusade founders appeared to make a covenant with their eyes and avoided the scandals that come with many pastors who succomb to temptations. I respect Billy Graham, but now I am certain I can find youtube videos on him calling him out on this or that. We cannot be right on everything.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 04:25 PM

I think I am less righteous than Billy Graham, and when I think about the parable about the three servants each given talents to invest for their master, I think Billy Graham has done a better job investing the talents the Lord gave him than I have done with the talents that God has given me.

Do you think you are MORE RIGHTEOUS THAN BILLY GRAHAM?

What is your answer? Sincerely Little David. Do you think you are more righteous than Billy Graham and that you have less faults than Billy Graham?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10