Author Thread: Losing Hope in Online Dating
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Losing Hope in Online Dating
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 10:22 PM

I've been on this site for a while now and really am not meeting anyone of value to be honest. It's been a pretty terrible experience. Usually it's some kind of big flaw they have. I did meet one person from here but it turned into mind games, barely any conversation, way too far from me distance-wise (which is 95% people that chat with me on here).

I have a friend who met someone on here and has been married to the man for 8 years so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I am thinking of just deleting this app but I do like talking and chatting such as getting to know people, just not the dating aspect of it.

I do want to meet people in person and lately have been acting more approachable towards others like smiling, making eye contact, and being off my phone. My ideal way of finding someone would be in person.

Should I delete the app and just focus on finding someone in real life?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2024 08:38 PM

I do not think HazelEyesSparkle has thrown away her best chance of marriage. But the clock is ticking.

In my judgment, she is happier if she stays as she is. (1 Corinthians 7:40)

When their sensual desires overcome their dedication to Christ, they want to marry. (1 Timothy 5:11)

True as women age, they are more likely to have down-syndrome children or deformed children according to medical authorities. So, it is wiser to have children while younger. Of course, not everyone wants children. Some rather adopt.

HazelEyesSparkle will certainly consider some of the things you say. Of course, we do not represent her. She has her own mind and can think herself. HER CHOICE! Whey marry for marriage sake? Why marry just to marry? Some people are wise to stay single. Many wisely stay single. Marriage is not the answer to everything. Your own past marriage tells that. It does not make sense! ...that people that have bad marriages tell others to marry.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 09:15 AM

WNT I don't disagree that some people are better off staying single especially nowadays with so many listening to Satan through social media, msm, feminist ideologies and Satan inspired religions or religious people.

But I also believe that trying to put a person on the right track has the best chance of success before that person makes the wrong choice or gives up all together. The only way I know how, (which I consider the best way), is it to be brutally honest about things. I think for women that honesty is vitally important because when woman complain about problems with their love life. It's usually to seek validation from others that it's not their fault. Sadly women are rarely honest about things like that because they want to save face.

So when people validate women without knowing what's really going on then there's a high likelihood those women will keep making the same mistakes.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 09:58 AM

I agree we are misguided from a young age. We are sometimes misguided by our parents. We are misguided by schools. We are misguided by the government. We are misguided by various movements. We are misguided by false reports. We are misguided on many things in many ways.

1 Peter 1:18 touches on some of this.

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors.

So you are trying to be helpfuf. There is much idiocy going on. How do we correct the idiocy?

We only have a window of opportunity, then the window closes.

Life is short. Idealism fails most of us. Life is a breath and then gone. We are taught idealism. We are taught priority. Then our life is through. Many of us don't even enjoy the short life we are given.

The Gaither's "My dreams turned to ashes. My castles all crumbled. My fortunes turned to strife."

The Beatles "Just another day"

Barry Manilow "You remind me I live in a shell."

John Cougar Melon Camp "Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone."

Such is life. Then it is over. You are trying to help people come to sense with the time limits.

What does one want out of the few days they have in life?

silver761

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 10:37 AM

Whether you delete this app or not is up to you. I will keep it as this seems to be the only way I get to meet any women in life. I work alone (I'm self-employed), and I don't meet people. The only socializing I get is when I go to the grocery store, so I am going to keep this app. I'm also going to keep my Facebook account and online presence, although there is not much reason for keeping all that. I agree, it does waste a lot of time, but dating is by definition a waste of time. You talk to hundreds of guys, and only one of them will be the right one (hopefully). So, all the other ones were a waste of time. I am the same way with women. Most women I talk to is just a waste of my time, but it is a necessary useless thing we do in life like many other things. Lol

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 11:19 AM

You can suspend the app if you like and take a break from online dating. You could limit responses to people who are 99 so no one gets through to you.

You can hide the app from viewers and come back at a later date and re-activate your presence.

It is completely up to you!

But once you end the account, CDFF will not take you back. So, in case you change your mind, it is good to keep your account and simply take a vacation from the site till you want to come back. Plan A. Plan B. Plan CDFF.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 11:31 AM

Don't get sucked into the misinformation that one person is trying to spread if you catch my drift. Anyways, @moonlight and @jayzee you are both right. I think a guy will come along that I will really love. Not looking for perfection in the least but I like a specific type of person. They don't have to be 10's either but they have to be cute, interesting, and have a passion in life. Someone to treat me right as I would treat them

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 04:24 PM

HazelEyesSparkle if you want to call my efforts to help you as misinformation then that is of course up to you. It doesn't really surprise me because you have acted very predictably to my statements. You have exhibited uninhibited female nature at every turn. You do that because nobody has ever challenged you until now so that makes you react negatively when confronted with the truth. You've closed your mind because you're so used to having your ego stroked. There are many people that are happy to stroke women's egos rather than tell them the truth, I'm just not one of them. There are many things about both male and female nature that run contrary to what God wants from Christians and you are just another example of a modern woman left to her own devices and without proper Christian guidance.

That being said I will not waste anymore keystrokes addressing you directly so you can jump for joy, do a few cartwheels and maybe dance a jig at that news. But that does not mean I won't address the folly of the things you say and do, so you may want to hold off on the celebrations. last but not least good luck with all that great advice you think you're getting from moonbeam and jazzy.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 05:03 PM

We are all on here for relationships.

Good luck everyone

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 05:20 PM

Hman

don't address me! Your degrading advice is stupid all on this forum!

Go find you a Woman if possible !

Maybe she will listen to your insulting comments.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 06:26 PM

Moonbeam and her take anything anybody says as an insult chimes in. You also have closed your mind becasue you don't like being confronted with the truth.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7