Author Thread
silver761

View Profile
How to Find People on this site
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:59 PM

There are several ways to find people on this site. One of them is the Advanced Search which lets you specify a bunch of details, and then hopefully it gives you a list... But due to the limited resources and this being a free site, the search results are intentionally short. If you want to see more matches, you have to change the search location. You can enter a different city and zip code to see who is available a bit farther away from you. But the problem is you might find someone who looks really good, and then you message them but they are not online ever. Their message box is overflowing with thousands of messages from all over the world. And then they log in one day to see they have 999 unread messages. And guess what. Yours might be message #49 in the list. That means she has to scroll down that far to reach your message. This is why it's ineffective. As a free user, you cannot see who is online. unless you go to the "Online Now" or "Online Today" menu. If you go there, you will see real people who are really online, so if you send them a message, chances are they will see you and may say something back. But if you use the Advanced Search feature, you're a bit less likely to find a real person. You might find someone who was active a year ago and hasn't checked into the site since then. But you don't know that. You send a message, and this person might not even get an email notification when you send a message. So, it's almost like playing the lottery when you send a message. It may or may not be read. And sometimes, you send it to a real person, but she is busy so she decides to delete all messages. Then yours gets deleted, but if you are a free user you won't know that your message was deleted or read or deleted without being read. But I think, you are most likely to find a real person if you message one of those who are online now or online today. Chances are they will see your message and respond. If not, send the message again and again until they respond!

silver761

View Profile
Are people here actual bible believing Christians?
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:50 PM

This website, no doubt, does give you the feeling that it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. But this website does have quite a few needles. They are just very far apart and hard to find... But I have talked to quite a few people here, and there are some gems. It's just really-really hard to find. And you have to be diligent. I would say, it takes about 3-6 months to find someone good. And that means 3-6 months of intensive searching. That means writing as many messages as you can possibly write. Investing time and effort... It's a lot of work!

silver761

View Profile
Speed Dating
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:42 PM

LittleDavid, speed dating does not mean that you marry someone after a 5-minute conversation. Speed dating is just like inviting someone for a coffee ("regular date"), but it is limited to 5 minutes. In 5 minutes, you have to ask specific questions that allow you to find out if you want to talk to this individual more or not. If yes, you both let the organizer know, so she will let you know that you have matched. If not, then it's like a blind date. You don't know who you were talking to (except their first name) and in a big city, you probably will not find that individual, so this is probably even safer than a regular date, because you don't have exchange contact information. It's more like a blind date where you remain anonymous for the most part if you are not a match. You can find out if you're a match based on the questions you ask. So, for example, in 5 minutes, I always ask if they're a Christian. What denomination? What do they do for a living? Do they have kids? Were they ever married before? You can ask what's their favorite color, but this won't reveal whether they are a really good match or not. See? So, 5 minutes. Keep it short. I like it because this way we're not wasting each other's time.

silver761

View Profile
Progressive Christianity
Posted : 7 May, 2024 07:56 PM

If you take away a bunch of things from the Bible, and you borrow from other religions, then why even call it "Christian"? That's not really Christian if you ask me. Why not just call it "Progressive"? Like the insurance co. Lol

silver761

View Profile
FAVORITE VERSE
Posted : 6 May, 2024 08:01 PM

My favorite verse lately has been Isaiah 54:17, which says, "'No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me,' says the LORD."

If I ever think that satan has a super ultimate weapon or trap against me, here is the answer : God's Word says, "NO weapon formed against me shall prosper."

silver761

View Profile
Progressive Christianity
Posted : 6 May, 2024 07:52 PM

What is Progressive Christianity? They emphasize love, inclusion, openness to "new ideas," and downplay the importance of sin. They emphasize moral transformation instead of salvation. Openness means they are open to borrow ideas from other religions. They are open to the idea of evolution, for example. If you dig deeper, you also find that they are also less dogmatic. This means they deny basic concepts such as the existence of hell, eternal torment, Lake of Fire; and they don't take the book of Revelation literally, because that would be dogmatic, you see. Progressive Christianity also embraces environmentalism and borrows ideas from Leftist politics.

Do you know a church like that in your community?

www.patheos.com/blogs/faithfulpeacemaking/2022/10/the-8-points-of-progressive-christianity-have-changed-heres-what-they-are-now/

"Progressive Christians view the Bible as primarily a human book... They are also very open to redefining, reinterpreting, or even rejecting essential doctrines of the faith like the Virgin Birth, the deity of Jesus, and his bodily resurrection."

www.thegospelcoalition.org/reviews/another-gospel-progressive-christianity-alisa-childers/

Here is an example. This is what a Progressive Christian article sounds like. Remember, the devil knows the Bible very well. In this article, he starts out with John 14:6 which says Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through Him. And the author turns this verse on its head and by the end of the article, he tries to prove the exact opposite using the very same verse. This is what progressive Christianity is about. It's a complete rejection of the Bible in cunning sly manner.

www.patheos.com/blogs/carlgregg/2011/05/lectionary-commentary-%E2%80%9Ca-progressive-christian-reading-of-john-146%E2%80%9D-for-sunday-may-22-2011/

The first thing the snake told Eve wasn't to eat of the fruit. In fact, the snake did not even tell Eve to eat the fruit at all. Progressive Christianity is the same way. It's not going to tell you to stop believing or to reject the Bible or reject the idea of hell, salvation, virgin birth, Trinity, and so forth. It just gives you questions...

silver761

View Profile
Speed Dating
Posted : 3 May, 2024 09:57 PM

"$10 a person - That’s one successful entrepreneurial enterprise"

Yes, and guess what! She is organizing a second event for June. And this one is going to cost $15 per person. This is going to be just for Christians only. But I think, I am going to pay that, and a lot of people will pay that, because it's not a lot if you consider the fact that you could easily spend $50 on dating sites which do not guarantee that you will ever sit down and talk to person in real life. These dating sites just give you the ability to contact someone online, which is quite different than talking to a real person sitting across the table from you. Even if it's just for 5 minutes, it's money well spent, I think. Well, maybe if dating sites could offer more advanced search features, it would be worth paying the $50, but so far I am very unimpressed by the search capability of most dating sites. Computers could easily browse through a large database and pick out the best matches, but most dating sites only have a very basic search engine that does not take full advantage of computing power and the possibilities... but anyway, I think, it's nice to meet people in real life and talk to real persons as opposed to messaging online. Both are fine, but real life is a bit more fun in some ways.

silver761

View Profile
Did Jesus begin evangelizing people by saying, “God has a wonderful plan for your life” or did he say, “God loves you” like modern evangelists do⁉️⁉️
Posted : 3 May, 2024 09:50 PM

So, it's interesting that the first miracle of Jesus is about fulfilling people's wants. Not their needs. Wants are different than needs. A need is something you desperately have to have, but a want is something you could go without and still be fine. You could still survive without a want. For example, we're all here looking for a spouse. This is a dating site. But this is not a need. It's just a want. We could all survive single. We wouldn't die if we didn't find a partner. So, this is a want. And Jesus is just as concerned about fulfilling our wants as He is concerned about fulfilling our needs. That's all I wanted to say. Thank you.

silver761

View Profile
Did Jesus begin evangelizing people by saying, “God has a wonderful plan for your life” or did he say, “God loves you” like modern evangelists do⁉️⁉️
Posted : 3 May, 2024 09:45 PM

Well, you know the first miracle Jesus performed was turning water into wine. It's interesting, because first of all, nobody was dying. No one was in pain or hurt. No one was lacking basic necessities. It was a wedding, and everyone has already had their fair share of wine. They were already drunk. But they wanted more. And so Jesus water into wine. And not just one bottle. He made 6 bottles filled to the brim. Each held about 20-30 gallons, so it's safe to say that He made approximately 150 gallons of wine. That's a lot of wine! You know, there is a difference between wants and needs. This was not a need. It was a want, because they did not need more wine. They have already had plenty. It would have been nice to have more but it was not a necessity. Jesus just wanted to make sure that they were able to celebrate the way they wanted. And that included wine. and lots of it.

I remember, in Bible college, we were told that this was grapejuice. Haha Nothing could be farther from the truth. This was not grapejuice; it was wine. They were already drunk, and they got even more drunk.

So, were they all saved or not? We don't know that, but in this event, the goal was to have fun. It was a big party which revolved around the bride and bridegroom. Jesus just wanted to stay in the background and not get noticed. He didn't say, "All right, everybody. Look at me. Attention! Attention! See this pot? It has water in it right now. But watch what I am going to do. I will count to three, and it's going to turn into wine!"

silver761

View Profile
Maybe I should get used to not being wanted
Posted : 2 May, 2024 10:41 AM

Maybe you just happen to be around the wrong kind of crowd. When you're in the right crowd, you feel appreciated and wanted. So, keep searching! Don't get stuck in the wrong environment. I heard a saying once, "Move. You're not a tree." You can move where you are needed.

Page : 1 2 3 4