Author Thread: 🤔 Ithink you're too far gone to be saved 🤬 ❓❓ let me introduce you to paul
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
🤔 Ithink you're too far gone to be saved 🤬 ❓❓ let me introduce you to paul
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 12:22 PM

1 timothy 1 :13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief

in this passage paul explains his own testimony. This is important, since it shows that Paul doesn't consider himself better than those he is criticizing. He recognizes his own sin. After thanking Jesus in the previous verse, Paul speaks in graphic terms about the man he used to be. This was prior to his miraculous conversion Acts 9:1–22.

Paul refers to three specific areas: blasphemy, aggression, and arrogance. Paul spoke against Jesus, persecuted His followers, and opposed the church. When Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus, His first words were, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" Acts 9:4

The next phrase identifies what changed Paul: the mercy of God. Paul will use a similar phrase in verse 16. The Greek word used here is ēleēthēn, translated as "received mercy." The term is passive: Paul did not go out and acquire mercy, God provided it with no contribution on Paul's part. Old Testament law distinguished between intentional and unintentional sins Numbers 15:22–31 Paul knew his heart prior to conversion was sincere, but sincerely wrong. Paul saw himself as one who sinned ignorantly until God poured out His mercy upon him

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 12:58 PM

Another fine post‼️ You are sure and absolutely right about Paul.

Every sinner should celebrate Paul’s salvation‼️‼️

There’s no sinner who can say they “are too far gone to be saved” if they truly desire salvation from sin and from God’s coming wrath.

These words of Paul should give the most hopeless some hope.

1Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, that He considered me faithful and appointed me to service. 13I 👉👉👉was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a violent man👈👈👈; yet because I had acted in ignorance and unbelief, I was 👉shown mercy👈. 14And the grace of our Lord 👉👉👉overflowed to me, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15This is a 👉👉trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world 👉👉to save sinners, 👉👉👉of whom I am the worst👈👈👈. 16But for this very reason I was shown mercy, 👉👉👉so that in me, the worst of sinners👈👈👈, Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience as 👉👉👉👉an example👈👈👈👈 to those who would believe in Him for eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, and invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

God has already saved the 👉worst sinner👈 as an example for you‼️‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 01:08 PM

Great post HC‼️‼️ A future topic question might be: “Was Paul really the worst sinner or was Paul just exaggerating to make a point?”

The real answer to that might seriously startle some people‼️‼️‼️

Not to spoil a future post, but yes, Paul was right, he was indeed the worst sinner and God saved him for a specific purpose

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 01:08 PM

Great post HC‼️‼️ A future topic question might be: “Was Paul really the worst sinner or was Paul just exaggerating to make a point?”

The real answer to that might seriously startle some people‼️‼️‼️

Not to spoil a future post, but yes, Paul was right, he was indeed the worst sinner and God saved him for a specific purpose

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 07:26 PM

Yes, often we are sincerely wrong.

Sly Stone sang "I can be right. I can be wrong. My own beliefs are in my song."

Paul was certainly vocal. He was zealous persecuting Christ. Then became zealous serving Christ. A great contributor to the New Testament and the Christian faith.

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 10:50 PM

Hi all. The Books written by Apostle Paul inspired by God often sounded like an argument yet you'll get the whole picture after completing at least a book or two, one defining reconciliation and grace, others about resurrection, righteousness, judgment, and the end times. If reconciliation is not offered to all despite every shortcomings, there would have been no reason for Christ finished work on the cross.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 09:09 AM

Chicboon, thank you for posting.

If I understand you right, I pretty much agree. But one point you made seems unclear. Would you please explain what you mean in the following statement?

Quote: “If reconciliation is not offered to all despite every shortcomings, there would have been no reason for Christ finished work on the cross.” End quote

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 03:39 PM

Hi. Before we became Christians, we were God's enemies but through the death of Christ, we are reconciled to God through faith. Forgiveness and reconciliation has been offered to all no matter how sinful one is, yet only those who respond to it will be covered within the work of grace. Paul puts it, "For while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by His life." (Romans 5:10 Esv) Thus, it clearly includes justification, sanctification, glorification and eternal rewards.

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 03:42 PM

To add up, given that Jesus was crucified for sins He never committed and if He never ascended to Heaven, perhaps this world will be a place of chaos and utter darkness.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 04:39 PM

I agree with everything you’re saying.

To be honest, I rarely receive a comprehensive treatment of salvation like you’ve presented whenever l ask for one.

I don’t think I’ve ever had any one mention the biblical 3 stages of salvation, (justification, sanctification and finally glorification), on here or any other forum, at least, that I can recall.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 05:47 PM

I didn’t mean to say there aren’t people on this forum who do not believe in justification, sanctification and justification. I should have said I haven’t had anyone, that I asked to describe salvation, mention these.

Page : 1 2 3