Author Thread: πŸ€” Ithink you're too far gone to be saved 🀬 ❓❓ let me introduce you to paul
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
πŸ€” Ithink you're too far gone to be saved 🀬 ❓❓ let me introduce you to paul
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 12:22 PM

1 timothy 1 :13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief

in this passage paul explains his own testimony. This is important, since it shows that Paul doesn't consider himself better than those he is criticizing. He recognizes his own sin. After thanking Jesus in the previous verse, Paul speaks in graphic terms about the man he used to be. This was prior to his miraculous conversion Acts 9:1–22.

Paul refers to three specific areas: blasphemy, aggression, and arrogance. Paul spoke against Jesus, persecuted His followers, and opposed the church. When Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus, His first words were, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" Acts 9:4

The next phrase identifies what changed Paul: the mercy of God. Paul will use a similar phrase in verse 16. The Greek word used here is Δ“leΔ“thΔ“n, translated as "received mercy." The term is passive: Paul did not go out and acquire mercy, God provided it with no contribution on Paul's part. Old Testament law distinguished between intentional and unintentional sins Numbers 15:22–31 Paul knew his heart prior to conversion was sincere, but sincerely wrong. Paul saw himself as one who sinned ignorantly until God poured out His mercy upon him

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 11:06 AM

Thanks bro David and yes I think this would be an excellent idea for a future post β€œWas Paul really the worst sinner or was Paul just exaggerating to make a point?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 01:38 PM

Because Paul persecuted the church, he considered himself the chief of sinners.

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 03:56 PM

I believe that sins committed by anyone should not be measured that whoever has greater sins will have greater punishment. Sins are measured equally, big or small, is sin. Even a tiny little sin can lit the fire of a person to bigger sins. Whether Paul took an account of being awfully sinful, Christ paid for it still. He formerly lived in filth, yes, but God's power transformed Him even used him to write his epistles to equip the coming generations that include us.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 05:22 PM

No, sins are not measured equally.

Some sins are punishable by death.

The Bible distinguishes between sins.

Some sins were more easy to atone for.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an eternal sin, an unpardonable sin. It is not forgiven. Some sins, like David eating the consecrated bread, which is only lawful for priests to do, may be dismissed by God as God knows who he approves.

But not all sin is the same.

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 11:09 PM

Yes, there is sin that is unforgivable and that is blasphemy, same as 7 deadly sins. But sins are just but the same, sin. It can't be named otherwise, therefore it is equal. Sin is proportion to sin, while righteousness to righteousness. Sin is sin.

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 11:32 PM

To add up, whether someone has committed any from the deadly sins or blasphemy, there are no greater punishment for that, that can be greater than being thrown in hell, while there is redemption for those whom God declared righteous in His sight or has been justified. David committed murder wih Uriah and adultery with Batsheba but God declared him righteous whereas Jesus's lineage came from him. You can't find any other definition of sin, it's all the same.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2024 10:56 AM

β­πŸ•ŠοΈπŸ’‘ That's not true walk and talk Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to do with accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. This particular type of blasphemy ⭐ cannot be duplicated today ⭐ The Pharisees were in a unique moment in history: they had the Law and the Prophets, they had the Holy Spirit stirring their hearts, they had the Son of God Himself standing right in front of them, and they saw with their own eyes the miracles He did. Never before in the history of the world (and never since) had so much divine light been granted to men; if anyone should have recognized Jesus for who He was, it was the Pharisees. Yet they chose defiance. They purposely attributed the work of the Spirit to the devil, even though they knew the truth and had the proof. Jesus declared their willful blindness to be unpardonable. Their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was their final rejection of God’s grace. They had set their course, and God was going to let them sail into perdition unhindered

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2024 11:30 AM

Good you have assurance of that.

Nicodemus was a Pharisee. So also was Paul. Both these Pharisees were saved. Paul had persecuted the church. Then he saw the Light!

I am not so sure of your explanation.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2024 11:41 AM

Men blasphemy the Holy Spirit today. Yet called them teaching others .

All the gifts are still active in the "Body of Christ" today.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2024 02:19 PM

Moonlight, whatever are you talking about? Your post doesn’t make any sense.

Page : 1 2 3