Author Thread: What’s the difference between healthy skepticism and dishonest skepticism ⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
What’s the difference between healthy skepticism and dishonest skepticism ⁉️
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:21 PM

Like nearly all things, skepticism can be used widely or stupidly

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:26 PM

A bad example of skepticism might look like this: Someone says he is skeptical of everything including belief in the existence of God.

Please help this person. What is wrong with this kind of skeptical reasoning ?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:36 PM

“Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked. (John 1:46)

“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” (John 20:25)

“Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” (Genesis 3:1)

Yes, there are many examples of both forms of skepticism in the Bible.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:43 PM

At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. (Mark 13:21-22)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:44 PM

I am skeptical of my own judgment.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:53 PM

But in matter of God, I have never been skeptical of the existence of God. I believe that God's signature is everywhere. I believe that God holds all things together. I believe he formed me in my mother's womb. I believe evidence is everywhere of God's existence. Things did not just happen. We see a house and know there was a builder. We see a car and know that it was made. There is "Intelligent Design" and an "Intelligent Designer". One is evidence of the other. The details are too great to be accidental. "A fool says in his heart, 'There is no God."' C.S. Lewis used to be an atheist. Then he became a great advocate for God and Christ. There are others as well who went from atheism and unbelief to belief in God.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 09:27 AM

I agree with EVERYTHING you said in this last post‼️‼️‼️

Without the slightest skepticism ‼️‼️‼️😀😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 09:30 AM

I’m skeptical of my own judgments as well. That’s why I check and recheck them. Sometimes after checking I am convinced I’m on the right track, other times, I grow more skeptical of my judgements

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:04 AM

I’ve always wondered (being skeptical) about false messiahs performing real signs and wonders.

At another place in scripture, the idea of false signs and wonders was introduced in reference to false prophets.

But a preacher friend believes that God will allow false prophets to perform real miracles. In part, he bases that assumption on a faulty interpretation from the words of scripture, “…they did the same thing…” from the account of Moses and the Egyptian magicians. These magicians appeared to have performed “signs and miracles” that looked like real copies of the miracles performed by Moses.

I discussed the matter with my preacher friend. I disagreed with him and explained why.

Obviously from the text, the Egyptian magicians DID NOT do 👉exactly👈the same thing.

First, how could the magicians turn the river and all the other water sources into blood⁉️ Moses had already done so‼️‼️‼️

From the text, the Egyptians had to dig for fresh water.

Second, if the Egyptians could “create” blood out of water, then why hasn’t any magician been perform such a feat⁉️⁉️

Third, why couldn’t the magicians turn the blood back to clear water⁉️⁉️

Forth, it doesn’t take real miracles to fool a bunch of fools. Just look at false prophet, fake healer and false teacher Benny Hinn and all the other fake healers just like him. Just fake a miracle and false believers will think it’s real‼️‼️‼️

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:13 AM

TRUE! "It doesn’t take real miracles to fool a bunch of fools."

I am among those fools. I am skeptical of most healings proclaimed on television. But when it comes to magic, I am fooled.

I believe some things are tricks and some things are dark arts where maybe someone has sold their soul to the Devil in order to do. Was it worth it? I think not.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:35 AM

You’re not a fool.

Fools don’t believe in the true God. AND because they don’t believe the 👉👉truth👈👈 about the TRUE God, they open themselves to non-truths about God