Author Thread: Maybe I should get used to not being wanted
MorganEugeneTackett

View Profile
History
Maybe I should get used to not being wanted
Posted : 1 May, 2024 05:52 PM

It seems like all my life nobody has ever wanted me around, nor did they care. Maybe this is just something I have to live with for the rest of my life.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2024 07:54 PM

Most people grapple with that. You are not alone. Even while alone, you are not alone in being alone. Some people are alone in marriage. Depressed in marriage and all alone while married. We are more alone than Adam ever was. Adam got to walk with God in the Garden and got to name all the animals. Back then, when Adam and God were walking together in the Garden and Adam met all the animals and gave them names, God said it is not good for the man to be alone. Now when we are more alone than Adam ever was, the Bible tells us it is good for a man not to marry. (Matthew 19:10 and 1 Corinthians 7:1) So, we deal with that. Some choose to volunteer. Some choose to be a Big Brother. Some choose different involvements to fill the need for relationship. We are relational beings. Some choose to support disadvantaged children in poor countries. Some people choose to have pets. A dog is a good companion. I think you need to get out more. I think you need to join a group. I enjoyed men's prayer breakfast and reading different books by various Christian authors in a men's group at church. Try a few things! You may get lucky and find more meaningfulness. You may even meet a woman.

silver761

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 10:41 AM

Maybe you just happen to be around the wrong kind of crowd. When you're in the right crowd, you feel appreciated and wanted. So, keep searching! Don't get stuck in the wrong environment. I heard a saying once, "Move. You're not a tree." You can move where you are needed.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2024 11:03 AM

God is glorified when we depend on Him for guidance and strength.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2024 03:57 PM

Morgan, be grateful, at least you know who really loves you.

A lot of people have “friends” that don’t genuinely like them. Many people just think they genuine friends, (although some know the difference and are not fooled by false friends).

Jewish people thought they had “friends” as neighbors before the Nazis took over Poland but reality struck when the Nazis allowed the neighbors to confiscate property belonging to the Jews‼️‼️‼️

Suddenly the dear friendly neighbor turned trader‼️‼️

The Bible says the poor have no friends but the rich has plenty of “friends”‼️‼️‼️

Proverbs 14:20-26

New King James Version

20 The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor,

But the rich has many friends.

21 He who despises his neighbor sins;

But he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he.

Good looking people and the rich & famous don’t really know who their REAL friends are till they loose everything.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2024 05:16 PM

Finding true friends is more often than not an exercise in futility. LD rightly point out how a man won't know his true friends until he has nothing. The reason for that is most people are opportunist and will gladly pretend to be friends with someone as long as they get something from him. Sadly I believe far to many people who claim to be Christians aren't any different. I say this because of my own experiences and as I've learned even loved ones can be that way.

So how does that old saying go? Oh yea: You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friends nose. I know, not exactly relevant but I couldn't help myself. Anyway I can't give you any pointers on finding friends other than if you have a hobby than seek out people with the same one. And you don't have one then get one, or several for that matter.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 04:54 AM

A true and loyal friend may be a dog.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 04:58 AM

Sometimes, people attract other people through pets. Maybe you can meet a woman at a dog park. Lots of pet owners visit there.

A dog and a cat maybe good pets for you.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 07:37 AM

WNT that's a very good suggestion as women do see men with a dog in a very favorable light.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:39 AM

Nobody can resist a little puppy or a kitty‼️‼️

However, I’ve tried being a puppy to see if it helps but all I attract are pit bulls

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2024 10:39 AM

Not to mention the fleas and ticks.