Author Thread: having troubles with some other homeless
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
having troubles with some other homeless
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 11:37 AM

Good afternoon saints of God

You can see from my nickname I am homeless here in Southern California and lately I have been having trouble with some other homeless out here . This is typical of Satan nothing new under the Sun

i won't for everybody and go into all the details we know that God knows the beginning to the end so just please stand in agreement with me that it comes to a peaceable end because blessed are the peacemakers

Praise Christ hallelujah ❗❗ s e l a h God always gets the glory

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 02:10 PM

Southern California -- No better place to be homeless! I remember signs in Santa Cruz telling people they could not sleep in their cars otherwise everyone would be sleeping in their cars at the beach. Had I not seen the signs, I would have parked and slept too. I once slept in the bushes in San Diego to save cost of hotel. I once had my nose broken by a fellow homeless guy at an event on Thanksgiving day. I politely asked if they would please be more quite while we were watching a film. For that, I was attacked and another time I saw another attacked in a soup kitchen. He was peaceably sitting and eating his meal when another guy casually walked by. He tapped the other guys head with a hidden crowbar. I heard a boomp sound. There was a pause. The man walking by casually took a couple more steps then quickly ran off. The other guy who had peaceably been enjoying his meal stood up and said "That ain't right" and blood poured down his head. I thlnk the other guy had been experienced in doing that. He was so casual about like he was experienced in how it would unfold. There was a hundred people at that meal. You would think you would be safe among such numbers. I do not miss the shelters or the soup kitchens, but I did them for awhile many years ago after being through Bible school and thinking to rise from the streets as a testimony. We had Prison Ministry and Street Ministry. We called it Skid Row back then. True, one can represent Christ on the streets and as a homeless person. True there are others doing the same. I am sure you have plenty of stories to tell. I pray you are safe and not to close to the wrong homeless people. I remember a drive by shooting at one of the shelters. I remember a guy getting knifed over a toilet dispute. So that form of ministry is not for all and I don't miss my time at doing it. But while in Bible school, we always operated as a team. One girl got groped while sharing Christ and she continued to share Christ. Again, I pray you are safe. Not every day is a good day whether homeless or not. I remember some places treated you as a king with the best of meals. Other places served slop. Some guys enjoyed a new pair of socks everyday and a new tooth brush everyday. Use once and throw away. So there are good memories and bad memories of the choice to be homeless. It is not always a choice. But I remember growing up near Aberdeen, South Dakota, a homeless woman was publicly shown all sorts of favor in an attempt by the city to help her and to change her life. They gave new clothes, a job, a place. But they smothered her too much at once and the person chose to return to homeless as the structured life was not for her. There is some niceness to the life, but I would not wish it upon a family. Single people are better for it. Anyway, hope you are safe. Stick with your friends. Good to have friends to be with. I'm certain you have a number of friends. There is safety in number. But that is not fully certain. The Lord be with you and watch over you.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 03:27 PM

πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ’―β­β­πŸ’‘πŸ’‘πŸ•ŠοΈπŸ•ŠοΈ obedience before sacrifice pays off ❗❗ To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams” (1 Sam. 15:22) . The homeless goons that were harassing me

I'm sorry in one sense you had to go through that walk and talk yet like pastor Alistair beg has said it's the fiery trials that make us the season Christians that we are today ❗❗

Funny you mentioned the physical abuse and assaults . The other day I asked the guy to turn it down or just move his tent up a few feet he accused me of being a Russian spy and then sucked me in the face

So I called the police on them they came out took a report . He came back last night he harassed the store employee over @ Ralph the security guard had the pepper spray them. He and his girlfriend are completely psychotic but the police were here about 2 hours ago and took care of them as well as some others in the area . I do feel sorry for all of them to the point that I pray for their souls daily out here

Ironically 30 plus years ago I used to work in homeless ministry out in the Santa Monica and Venice Beach areas so I was no stranger to the streets all glory to Jesus Christ hallelujah ❗❗ s e l a h

Contented_

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 05:06 PM

It's bothersome to hear you're being tormented by others ... on top of the afflictions you already carry. I will certainly be praying for you HC. You're such a fine contributor to the forum ... God bless you brother.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 05:48 PM

well thank you brother contented_ for the compliments and the prayer God bless you as well all glory to Christ hallelujah❗❗ s e l a h

1 Peter 4:12

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 08:17 PM

Actually, I liked the homeless life for a while, and I never had more friends than when I was homeless. But I chose the homeless life from Bible school. Bible school put the thought in my head. That more than a shortage of money. Of course, I did not have much money after I graduated from school. My parents failed to keep their word on something and I waited a year on that. I wanted to pursue meaningfulness through ministry and Bible school exposed me to that. There were relatives to stay with. But I chose homelessness. It was a matter of meaningfulness as I liked Prison Ministry and Street Ministry in Bible school. Though I did not like Bible school, I liked the ministries while in Bible school. So I wanted to continue that after graduating from school. So it was a matter of choice. Had I not met a woman and had I not had kids, I may prefer being homeless. I felt more at home homeless than I have felt at home in buying houses and I think many are happier for a time. Some chose to treat shelters like a hotel with continental breakfast and wake up call and had jobs and saved money. They were saving towards a future. Some were pretty wise! Others hung out at the library playing Chess. Not all is glitter, but there is some appeal. Anyway, I perceive that you are where you think God would have you for a time.