Author Thread: I think this guy likes me but should I just act friendly and ignore it
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
I think this guy likes me but should I just act friendly and ignore it
Posted : 16 Dec, 2023 08:53 PM

I've been at my workplace for 2 years now and there is a seasonal worker that works with me. One night, he asked me after work if I'd like to grab a bite to eat with him. I politely declined and said sorry that I have to be up early the next day. Later that evening, he asked me if I wanted him to walk with me to drop something off and I said, no I'm okay, nicely.

Tonight, he had gone to a coffee shop right next to where we work and we said hi to each other. He asked me, so do you like the banana bread more or the other one which I forgot.

I then said oh thank you for the thought, but I already am full and had sweets earlier. It was true because one of my coworkers brought sweets. My coworker randomly one day said we'd make a cute couple and said we should get together. This seasonal worker and I talk nicely to each other and have had a few conversations but I just feel awkward.

Should I just ignore this and continue to act friendly as coworkers?

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2023 07:08 AM

If you like him then stop playing hard to get and go out with him.

If you're not attracted to him you could go out with him anyway and give yourself a chance to actually get to know him and maybe you will find that he's a lot more attractive to you then you initially thought.

The last scenario would be more likely to happen if women would ignore their unrealistic expectations they have with first impressions. First impressions rarely tell you anything about the true nature of a person. One must dig deeper to find that out.

JA03

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 01:16 PM

It's pretty obvious he likes you.

If he's a Christian, and you're attracted to him, then go for it.

If you're not interested, then the best thing you can do for you (and for him) is to tell him that. Just straight up be honest about how you feel. Say that you just want to be friends. If you keep acting friendly without telling the truth, he'll probably keep thinking you might like him.