Author Thread: He changed after I did this, why?
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
He changed after I did this, why?
Posted : 22 May, 2023 09:28 PM

I work with a guy and he came to my station recently and one of my coworkers joked and wondered why he visited. He said it was important to him and even skipped his break to help us with something. I noticed he talks to everyone more on a personal level but with me, he is nice but talks to me only really about day-to-day things.

Recently, I decided to ignore him because I took the advice of some people who said I should do so. I started talking to my other coworker and he said goodnight twice and I didn't answer and kept looking away and at my phone. I kept turning my body away. Then another night, he pointed out me buying something and I avoided eye contact, looked down, and smiled.

I guess he could tell I was giving negative body language because when I came back to work, he suddenly approached me and started talking to me. I told him about something that happened unrelated and he seemed like he was trying to figure out if I'd spill why I was mad.

He wasn't exactly mean to me but I noticed he usually talks to me one on one but sometimes says some comments to me when we are in a group, so I thought maybe he didn't know how to talk to me at all. I noticed lately now he's been talking to me more and I am bumping into him a lot too. He recently asked me if I was okay. He seems the nicest to me at my workplace but I was frustrated that he was ignoring me. It seems like he is sorry, do you think he is? I feel awkward now.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 09:37 PM

Also, he normally wears a mask and I notice now he shows his face more around me

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 11:05 PM

Sorry another part I meant to mention is that when it was just me and my coworker he would only talk to them and ignore me. This had happened twice with me and I decided to ignore because he ignored

FDCWillard

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 01:29 AM

For the love of all that is sanity.... Just find a way to subtlely draw aside the man you are obviously in love with and ask him what gives..... This is not rocket science, if you want to know something only he knows the only way to learn is to ask him.

Just don't scare the poor man silly with gushing or something.

Chances are the reason is something flattering like he does not think you would ever marry him because of whatever reason.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2023 04:51 PM

Sounds worse than teenagers!

:⁠-⁠)