Author Thread: what's the point of even bothering?
CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
what's the point of even bothering?
Posted : 22 May, 2023 02:50 PM

Given how toxic and antisocial my generation is on top of their hateful views on christians and relationships as a whole what's the point of even bothering trying to find someone??? i mean I been looking for almost 8 years since my late fiancé died and been on a small handful of dates. like literally no one my age wants relationships. everyone my age just wants a sinful hookup or a free meal. and kids nope, kids are apparently a burden to be avoided like a plague. heck it's hard to even get someone my age to say hello back when I say hi. like why would I or anyone my age even bother trying to make friends with someone our own age let alone bothering to try and start a relationship????

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 03:50 PM

Don’t give up‼️

I know that feeling all too well. I always seemed able to find some theological fault with nearly all my dates. Later, I kinda wondered if I shoulda married one of em—-but maybe not.

Too many ladies seem stuck on some sort of relationship with their religion and its traditions rather than seeking a relationship with the God and his word as guide.

Some women remain stuck in their self-imposed forms of charismania with all its peculiarities AND other sets of nonsense.

Can’t be too harsh on the ladies alone because most have been taught a bunch of twaddle and tosh from an unqualified “pastor” who found his ordination card on a cereal box

You’ll think I’m really picky, but why do women think they look better after they chop their long hair off⁉️⁉️⁉️

1 Corinthians 11:15 but if a woman has long hair, 👉it is her glory👈👈? For long hair is 👉👉given to her👈👈as a covering.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:15 PM

"I know that feeling all too well. I always seemed able to find some theological fault with nearly all my dates"

at lest you're getting dates. i'm super lucky to get a hello.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:18 PM

and the guys my age are just as bad. try being friends with them and it's the same antisocial nonsense. I have two friends my age, two, the rest are 10+ years older.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:32 PM

I'm sure many ladies of your age group are thinking the same..

'Where are all the men, who can communicate and are willing to build a relationship?'

That has been the question of Christian women as long as I have been one. All around the world.

It is not any better with the men of my generation (40-50+).. In the last ten years, I have known a handful of dudes who were able to relate to ladies as human beings & sisters in Christ. and actually have a friendship.

I do get it that social anxiety is a common problem, and seems to be getting worse. Still, it does make things very challenging.. as a woman I cannot keep on carrying the man on my shoulders, he has to have his own backbone and ability to do his part to build a connection. The natural ebb and flow.

So sorry to hear it is hard in your area. Keep on asking, knocking and seeking...

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:42 PM

"social anxiety is a common problem"

you sure got that right

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:47 PM

8 years of trying has gotten me nowhere at all. girl one, one date then a text claiming I caused her to lose her job, something about a google review 🤷‍♂️ didn't even know where she worked 🤦‍♂️ girl two send me nude photos at flipping church, like literally at a a church service 🤮 girl 3 just wanted a free meal... the rest I can't even get a conversion out off. like what's the point when people my age are so crazy and toxic???

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:54 PM

Wow.

Sorry to hear.. nude pics, yikes.

(something that too many men are willing to provide, too! does someone really think it makes them look more appealing as a potential spouse?)

Sounds like you need to expand your horizons and look elsewhere, outside your exact location..

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 05:24 PM

'Sounds like you need to expand your horizons and look elsewhere, outside your exact location..'

I have. it's an common thing with people my age. I been messaging people all over the county. also don't even bother setting foot on a non christian dating site, you will want to poke your eyes out.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 05:28 PM

Yeah. Not worth it...

(even though I have heard some Christians meeting even at secular sites... not something I'd ever try.)

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 05:35 PM

Not wanting to bash Christian men .. but I have come across some who have very strong theological doctrinal convictions and conservative political views.. and they don't see anything wrong with some sex talk etc...

There's someone I have known just as a brother (nothing romantic from my side), and all of the sudden, he tells me he's busy video chatting with a non-Christian woman

Someone apparently not too prudish.

... Had he talked with a Christian woman, I would have been happy for him... but nope.

This supposedly a mature Christian, decades in the faith.

Some people - men and women - don't let their beliefs bother them too much, if they want to enjoy some 'forbidden fruit' for entertainment and ego boost...

Page : 1 2