Author Thread: Guy keeps talking to everyone else but me (a little long)
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Guy keeps talking to everyone else but me (a little long)
Posted : 29 Mar, 2023 11:17 PM

I work with a man at my job and he will help me with my questions that I may have about work but I notice he will talk to everyone around me and get personal with them but never talks to me at all. For instance, this one friend I had he asked where she had been all along because she had been gone for a while and joked with her about her hair because she changes it a lot. He never said hi to me, just completely ignored me. Then the next time I was closing with her, he didn't talk to me or her which was strange.

Then tonight, he talked to another coworker of mine only. I was counting money and he helped me and kept pointing at the screen in front of me trying to get into my personal space but I'm not sure. He just kept getting really close to me while trying to explain to me. He does sometimes get a little impatient if I don't know something right away.

I tried to smile, be friendly, and chime in to their conversation tonight but he said to me "don't get distracted." He starts full-blown ignoring me and asking her how her mom was and about how he went on vacation. They are talking right in front of me.

He only talks to me very once in a blue moon. Once he asked me what my plans were for New Year's and he claimed he was doing the same thing as me like hanging with family but when I tried to further the conversation, he just walked out of the room. Another time, I was going to go out in the rain and he asked me "no jacket?" He then said I'd get sick and he pointed to a cover that I could use to walk outside.

Plus I went on vacation and he copied me and went on vacation a week after. Not sure if this relates to the question. He's nice sometimes but really ignores me. I also notice that when I am nice, he comes over to my area but when I ignore him, he stops hanging around me. Should I just ignore him instead of acting like an idiot trying to get his attention?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2023 04:37 AM

I think this all sounds worse than Jr High kids .

Ask him out for lunch , if he says no, then he's not into you .

:⁠-⁠)

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2023 11:19 AM

He is really weird, and I find your description of him suspicious. If he is interested in you he is just really not sure where or how to interact with you at all, and seems to be doing the ignoring-method that isn't very functional.

If he is just as I think he is, weird or rude, you should just go about your business without thinking about him. His action communicates weird awkwardness or even rudeness, so just treat it as that and stay away from him if you can.

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2023 05:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.

You aren't married to him, so count that to your favor and smile at such moments.

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2023 05:33 PM

Be HAPPY you are not married to him. REJOICE!