Author Thread: I feel conflicted because I feel like I pushed a good friend/romantic interest away
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
I feel conflicted because I feel like I pushed a good friend/romantic interest away
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 10:39 PM

I started talking to guy I met online for about 2 years, a little bit on and off for a few months sometimes but overall pretty consistently like every day. We even had nicknames for each other. He said he liked me but to meet as friends which I agreed upon because he said he didn't want either of us to be disappointed if things don't work out. He told me we would both see if we liked each other in person.

He decided to fly to meet me out of state for three days. We met before and after my work and he treated me well to two lunches and we walked around a bit. We even saw some scenery and things around my town. He just was incredibly quiet which he mentioned but he really didn't speak much at all except for a few times.

We hugged and exchanged Christmas gifts. He then flew back and I noticed he didn't text me so I said have a safe trip back and that I liked my gift, Merry Christmas.

He didn't text me for about a little over a week and said sorry I was late in replying, glad you liked your gift. I noticed also at the time that he deleted his dating profile on the site we met on. Then I replied to his text and he didn't text back again for another week and said sorry for late reply. How'd you know something bad didn't happen to me? I said you would have not been able to contact me if it did.

I then got mad and said I don't go for boring married scammers because I was mad and he said I forgive you for calling me boring but I'm not a scammer or married. I apologized later but deleted my app and went back on it again later but didn't know if he ever came back. We haven't talked for almost 2 months. Should I text him just to see how he is doing as a friend? Because I feel maybe I pushed too hard.

SamReb1776^

View Profile
History
I feel conflicted because I feel like I pushed a good friend/romantic interest away
Posted : 13 Mar, 2023 09:12 AM

sometimes it is better just to move on.