Author Thread: People say I don't seem interested, why
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
People say I don't seem interested, why
Posted : 4 Mar, 2023 11:22 PM

I have had two men tell me this online. For instance, a guy I've been talking to only twice with a little back and forth conversation told me recently "you don't seem very interested." I am not giving off that vibe at all in my opinion, in fact, I give enthusiastic answers with exclamation points even. I sound very engaging. Another guy said I sounded serious?? Are these guys just trying to change my personality? I can't say a bunch because I don't know the guys very well but I'm friendly

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 09:00 PM

Is there a big difference in your ages? or a long distance travel in between? move on.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 11:11 PM

I'm 30, he's 34. I live in California, he lives in Texas.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 11:12 PM

I'm 30, he's 34. I live in California, he lives in Texas.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2023 10:49 PM

It is usually one of two things when a man is telling you what he told you.

1. You are not asking him enough questions, or the right kind of questions that he would like.

2. You are not talking in a flirty way, like you assume you two are dating. I find teasing a man about future plans, dates and romantic gestures goes a long way of telling him I am onboard. Not making it sexual though, but telling him I would like to spoil my future husband with cooking surprise dinners when he is least expecting it. Talking about where I want to go on vacation with my future husband, and what kind of life I want to live when I get married ect.

2mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 06:22 PM

I can't say I agree completely with either of the respondents. After reading your profile, I have a few thoughts but I shouldn't share them out here. As for the different responses to your messages to different guys, well that should be obvious because everyone will take your messages differently. Not to mention that you wrote them different messages.

It does remind me of responses I got to Speech Exercises I submitted when I was leaning German or Latvian. The ones I did in Latvian almost always either got positive reviews or constructive criticism. The German ones, on the other hand, tended to get short entirely positive feedback or short entirely negative feedback, on the exact same recording of me speaking German. This was, I think, entirely due to my north Germany coastal accent, because everyone from southern Deutschland told me that it was terrible.

Keep in mind too that everyone who reviewed the submissions could read everyone else's comments as well. And yes, I did consider the possibility that the nice comments were just made to make me feel better, but that didn't add up because those were often the first responses.

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2023 05:43 PM

You don't seem interested in me, sadly, you post to age 34. BOO HOO! and I have such great interest in youj.