Author Thread: My Pastor Arrested For DUI
savedinflorida2015

View Profile
History
My Pastor Arrested For DUI
Posted : 6 Feb, 2023 04:55 PM

my former pastor at my old church in florida was arrested for DUI Marc Rhodes

https://www.fbcsb.org/

https://spacecoastdaily.com/2022/04/arrests-in-brevard-county-april-13-2022-suspects-presumed-innocent-until-proven-guilty/

it does not shock me as his son went to jail for sexual assault of a girl at the church after i learned this i left the church .

I am just having trouble with churches why are so many churches failling into sin ?

you cant trust your pastor now he is either a sex fiend or a drunkard.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2023 06:17 PM

I guess the first thing to say is that pastors are imperfect human beings too in just as great a need of a savior as the rest of us. That isn’t an excuse, merely a reason why pastors fall into sin. There is almost a “celebrity” associated with being a pastor as well as being a member of his or her immediate family (on a much smaller scale, of course). They are therefore held to higher standards than most of the rest of the congregation and are always in their congregation’s eye. They can’t do much of anything with anonymity. When they fail to meet those standards, they often do so publicly, just like a celebrity. Some people don’t tolerate that kind of pressure well. I’ve heard my share of horror stories about pastors or pastors’ families going off the deep end or bringing their highly persuasive demons into the parish with them. I’m afraid theology school and ordination do not purify those charged to lead others to Christ.

The flip-side of that coin, I guess, is that what is often referred to as the “progressive church” is increasingly tolerant of behaviors the Bible speaks against. Since they often seem to view the scriptures as a “living document” that is open to interpretation and modification, the progressive church can often turn a blind eye to such things.

In the end, I guess what I would suggest to you and anyone who is struggling with seeing immorality in the church or it’s leadership, is to remind yourself that we are all in need of Christ’s grace and forgiveness, for we all fall short: even pastors, bishops, elders, and popes. You need to go where you feel you are hearing the truth (not to be confused with “my truth” or the like). It’s easy to feel a desire to pull away from God when the church seems to be going awry. It’s an issue that is tearing many churches apart, makes the church at large look bad, and tragically drives many people away. Just please try not to let poor representation of God turn you away from Him. I hope this helps.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2023 06:18 PM

I guess the first thing to say is that pastors are imperfect human beings too in just as great a need of a savior as the rest of us. That isn’t an excuse, merely a reason why pastors fall into sin. There is almost a “celebrity” associated with being a pastor as well as being a member of his or her immediate family (on a much smaller scale, of course). They are therefore held to higher standards than most of the rest of the congregation and are always in their congregation’s eye. They can’t do much of anything with anonymity. When they fail to meet those standards, they often do so publicly, just like a celebrity. Some people don’t tolerate that kind of pressure well. I’ve heard my share of horror stories about pastors or pastors’ families going off the deep end or bringing their highly persuasive demons into the parish with them. I’m afraid theology school and ordination do not purify those charged to lead others to Christ.

The flip-side of that coin, I guess, is that what is often referred to as the “progressive church” is increasingly tolerant of behaviors the Bible speaks against. Since they often seem to view the scriptures as a “living document” that is open to interpretation and modification, the progressive church can often turn a blind eye to such things.

In the end, I guess what I would suggest to you and anyone who is struggling with seeing immorality in the church or it’s leadership, is to remind yourself that we are all in need of Christ’s grace and forgiveness, for we all fall short: even pastors, bishops, elders, and popes. You need to go where you feel you are hearing the truth (not to be confused with “my truth” or the like). It’s easy to feel a desire to pull away from God when the church seems to be going awry. It’s an issue that is tearing many churches apart, makes the church at large look bad, and tragically drives many people away. Just please try not to let poor representation of God turn you away from Him. I hope this helps.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2023 05:21 AM

Retro

You posted an excellent response!

Thanks

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2023 12:08 PM

You should be having problems with churches like the one you left.

Assuming the pastor was actually over the legal limit, was properly tested and charged—I insert that because false DUI results do occur so we must not rush to judgement before a proper investigation is complete.

But assuming the pastor was driving recklessly posing a danger to others due to high alcohol levels then we have a problem pastor.

Pastors have a greater sense of responsibility because of their position. That’s why a wanna be pastor must be rigorously subjected to a thorough examination. All the biblical qualifications stated in Paul’s letter to Timothy must be applied.

Drunkenness or sexual assaults and the like don’t just happen suddenly as if in a vacuum. People don’t wake up one day and find themselves drunk unless the sin first takes place in the mind.

Commission of a sin always takes place in the mind first.

An sinful action is made easier If a person’s thinking has been compromised. Watch how you think‼️

People often give no thought to how they think and then wonder why they do certain things.

Many unqualified churches disobey the commands of God and hire likeminded disqualified pastors.

That’s why we have so many false churches, false believers and false pastors these days

WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2023 11:56 AM

This pastor is nothing , but the child of Satan . God hates drunks .No drunks in Heaven .