Author Thread: What Love Really Is
musician47

View Profile
History
What Love Really Is
Posted : 21 Sep, 2022 08:16 AM

It is all too clear that most women, and men too, I have a feeling, don't even know what love is all about. It's not a game of words, being led on, only to kick another under the bus, breaking their heart into, with no remorse or even the slightest hint of sorrow or guilt, whatsoever. Hurt someone, move on. Hurt another one, move on. Many here just really DO NOT.... GET IT!

Having said this, allow me to post what 1 Corinthians 13 has to say about love. This very same passage was read at mine and my wife's wedding by the pastor. (she has been with the Lord since 2009)

This is what love really is, or is SUPPOSED to be:

1 Corinthians 13:

" Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth."

This also serves as a good reminder to ME as well!

This needs to be a guideline for all who think they may be experiencing love in a relationship. May it be a blessing and help to all.

musician47

View Profile
History
What Love Really Is
Posted : 21 Sep, 2022 08:21 AM

Ah, I knew there was more! Here it is, in it's entirety.

"1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Privacy Policy

Terms