Author Thread: Bigamy
musician47

View Profile
History
Bigamy
Posted : 10 Aug, 2021 06:54 AM

It is against both man's and God's laws. I was just in a relationship where the lady had started pushing marriage as hard as she could, pressuring me, after only less than a month of being in touch. I learned she was still married, only separated. Her profile on here dishonestly states "single". She was "honey" this, "honey" that to me, until I told her last night that I learned that bigamy is a punishable crime in the US. Then she suddenly called me by my given name saying perhaps it's best we say goodbye. And we did! I don't know if it is against Filipino law or not, where she lives. When I told her what I found out, she was not understanding, became irate, and broke it off fast. Possibly, her husband had found another woman, living with her, I don't know, and she was going to use me to seek revenge, even know real "love" existed from her toward me. So, guys, if you find yourself being high pressured into marriage by someone, do all you can to investigate them. She kept saying after what I told her, that she thought she had found someone (me) who understood and accepted her situation. I understood alright, a little TOO well. Enough to know what is against the law, both God's and man's law! She seemed to delight in kicking me aside, and it hurt some, but mostly angered me. Guys, there are many dishonest, crooked people out there, many on this site. My advice to you is be careful with your heart, keep your wits about you, and know all the danger signals. The reason I feel stupid about all this is, at the very start, she had admitted she was waiting for an annulment from her husband, but he said he couldn't afford it. I let blind "love" or whatever it was, blind me. I won't do that again. I let my lonely heart blind me to what was right in front of my face. A lonely heart can get you in all kinds of trouble. I speak with a voice of experience. She never seemed to want to talk about God or being saved. I won't mention her denomination, but it is one where few really know God or worship Him.

Be careful, guys. It's a jungle out there, and few in that jungle, are truly honest.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Bigamy
Posted : 10 Aug, 2021 10:29 AM

I’m sorry you had to go through that experience some people are so deceptive. I know it’s hurtful but thankfully you found out about her marital status sooner rather than later…:-)

Hisgirl8789

View Profile
History
Bigamy
Posted : 10 Aug, 2021 11:25 AM

I hope when you say "guys", you are using it as a euphemism to include girls, too.

musician47

View Profile
History
Bigamy
Posted : 10 Aug, 2021 01:15 PM

Thanks, first poster (can't see your name) I'm glad I found out sooner also.

And I do refer to everyone when I say "guys". Sensitive subject, I know, but when I get burned I try to warn others about getting in the same trap. This one was mental and mean with it, sadly. Pretty obvious also, she did not know Christ.

musician47

View Profile
History
Bigamy
Posted : 10 Aug, 2021 01:17 PM

Jayzee! Sorry I couldn't see your name as I replied. They could stand to modernize this forum page by a few years. It's pretty lame and also no way to edit or delete if you change your mind about something you have posted.