Author Thread: Need advice on my younger brother who is dating
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Need advice on my younger brother who is dating
Posted : 4 Jun, 2021 06:06 PM

My brother just turned 20 years old and he recently asked out a 25-year-woman from his work. I think she is way too old for him, these are completely different ages, and I think this is inappropriate. I think she is trying to take advantage of him. My brother has never dated before and out of the blue asked this girl out.

My mom tried talking to him and fully agrees with me but he is extremely stubborn. What should I do about this?

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jun, 2021 08:27 PM

Just allow him to learn the ropes. Your mom tried to talk to him but the decision is still his. He'll learn in time.

As for the age gap, it is not for us to judge the woman. Bet you haven't met her. You just disliked her because she's older.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2021 02:20 AM

Pray for him everyday

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2021 06:07 PM

You sited two objections that you feel make your brother’s dating relationship with this woman inappropriate.

So the case against your brother is as follows: You and your mom are in agreement concerning the age of this 25 year old woman being too old for your 20 year old brother and that this 25 year old woman is trying to take advantage of your 20 year old stubborn brother. You also Indicated it was your brother, who has never dated, initiated the dating relationship with this 25 year old woman, who is his coworker.

Obviously you and your mom think the age discrepancy is a valid objection. Secondly, you think the woman is taking advantage of your brother and your mother fully agrees.

And lastly, you ask, “What should I do about this?”

There’s really nothing more you can do.

You stated your opinions to him and you believe your opinions are reasonable and valid. That’s all you can do. The next step is to allow him to form his own opinions

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 02:02 AM

Or could remind him what stubbornness is, which might be more important to know, than knowing what others want with us..

Deuteronomy 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2021 11:15 PM

I would say “tread carefully” he’s 20 years old so he’s hormones do the majority of his thinking.

He obviously likes this girl as he asked her out, it maybe something or nothing but it’s his choice to make.

Also in my experience expressing your disapproval to a young person very rarely has the desired effect…:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2021 05:06 AM

Maybe he is into older women and the women is into younger guys. For me, i prefer younger guys. I almost dating a guy that is 5&6 years younger than me and i know that their love is genuine to me. But. if you think that she is taking advantage of your brother and you have proof that she really is taking advantage of your bro. You can warn him and talk heart by heart to your bro