Author Thread: walking vs resting ?
Admin

walking vs resting ?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2013 03:53 PM

are we supposed to be,

resting in the LORD?

walking with the LORD?

i am confused,walking is not rest,rest is not walking.

cant do both at the same time.

what are we supposed to be doing?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2013 07:56 AM

It's possible to do both, they are both a metaphor of spiritual things. God gives me rest and peace, and also strength and confidence.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2013 04:59 PM

God tells that without faith it is impossible to please Him that we must believe that He is and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Faith equates to trust in God. We trust God for the first time when we trust Him by faith according to salvation in His Son jesus and the work performed on the cross to save us from our sin and rejection our of God.

We walk by faith in this truth then we rest in the assurance God give us according to His mercies.

We spend the rest of our lives seeking God that God might reveal more of himself for us to trust by faith and rest in. Salvation is but the beginning of an adventure of faith and the fruit that come from this faith. The rest and preace that comes from our knowing the mighty loving God. This is a process of growing and maturing.

Remember it is of God to both do and fulfill His will for your life. We live as helpless beggers in need of this loving God and we grow in the reality of this truth as we know Him more and more.

Praise the living God.....

Halleujha , Amen

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2013 09:38 AM

thanks You Michael ,

We live as helpless beggers ,

haha indeed...

i am seeking a more literal

do we rest in the Lord as lazarus rested?

do we walk in the Lord as paul walked?

we no longer serve the ways/systems of men,

which is more beneficial to the Kingdom we serve?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2013 06:40 PM

We can walk and rest in the Lord. We rest on the goodness and mercy...knowing He will take care of us. We walk in the Lord doing His will and spreading His Gospel.

We give Him our burdens, resting in Him. We care for the burdens of others as we walk with Him.

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2013 07:08 AM

ok try this again,

lazarus rested:

figure He travel about 1 neighborhood block in His entire life,probably had no shoes.

paul walked:

Figure He had traveled about 300 miles in His ministry shoes .

can You see the lifestyles?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2013 01:47 PM

So when God rested on the 7th day does that mean He stopped? No, He showed we all need to rest.

Jesus said come unto me ye heavy laden and He would give us rest.

We really don't know what Lazarus did...but we Know Jesus loved him for who he was...Jesus was moved with compassion and raised him from the dead.

Paul was called for a different purpose.

At different phases in life, we may need to rest more than we walk...we just can't get too comfortable resting.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2013 09:05 AM

I'd still have to maintain that it's possible to "rest" and "walk" at the same time. The "rest" God is talking about isn't simply "sleep" or "relaxation". It's "peace", it's being able to stay calm thru the storm, it's having a solid foundation in Christ.

:peace::peace:

teach_ib

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2013 04:29 PM

Absolutely!

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2013 12:14 PM

I'd still have to maintain that it's possible to "rest" and "walk" at the same time. The "rest" God is talking about isn't simply "sleep" or "relaxation". It's "peace", it's being able to stay calm thru the storm, it's having a solid foundation in Christ.

i agree with this completely,

have also come to a realization how our (faith)spiritual lives are mirrored in our (works)physical lives...

and seeing this is freaking me out,

as i feel overrun by doubt concerning almost everything,

ok EVERYTHING!!!!!

View Profile
History
walking vs resting ?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2013 08:15 PM

THat is just plain silly. I go out for a restful walk everyday!

Page : 1 2