Author Thread: Native American leader?
Admin

Native American leader?
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 01:03 PM

Ok, so now that a African person has become the president of America and everyone is screaming "finnaly we are all considered equal". I'm not a Native American, but shouldn't the Native's have got this right first, seeing as how they were here even before us Europeans, they endured just as much/even more than Africans seeing as how we stole practially all there land from them?

View Profile
History
Native American leader?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 10:40 PM

Vaj,

I understand what you're speaking. But you must also remember that a Native American was not in the runnings for the office of being President. I'm sure had there been a person who was in the running, he/she would have been considered.

Obama made the choice to run from President, so I don't think the fairness of him being African American, and the fact that he chose to run on his own accord, and 65% of Americans, including Native Americans who voted for him. Makes this unfair just becaue there was not a Native American in the race.

I didn't vote for Obama, nor did I vote for McCain, because I didn't see either of them as being qualified, but I respect the fact that Obama is our President, and did make history in that, he is the first ever Black /African American man to run for this office successfully and won. I would have also respected McCain had he won. Doesn't matter if you like who is President or not, as Americans we still own him due respect, bottom line.

There were no Native American(Indians) candidates in the running, so why do you think its unfair, just because Obama is a Black man, the first minority to be in this office? Since when have you seen a Black man as President in America?... Is not this indeed HISTORY?

I, personally, think our next President will be a Hispanic Amercian, and if there are any Native Americans out there who are interested in running for the position of President of Amercian, he/she should come forth and announce it to the people of American, and run... plain and simple.

And I pick you as his/her campaign manager, how 'bout that?!!:winksmile:

View Profile
History
Native American leader?
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 06:47 AM

What is truly sad about this whole thing is how we keep patting ourselves on the back for electing a black man as president. Does anyone know that this kind of thinking is promoting prejudice? As long as we continue to separate people by color in our minds, whether we voice it or not, we are as guilty of prejudice as those who wouldn't serve blacks in the 60s.

We, as a nation, owe it to the candidates to consider them on their merits. If the color of their skin enters into it at all, you are prejudice, and are part of the problem. We have to stop seeing color, and start seeing the person, and you can not do both, that is a lie of Satan. If the color of their skin even crosses your mind, it is time for some soul searching.

Love and truth,

Leon

View Profile
History
Native American leader?
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 07:01 PM

I'm pretty sure a Native American would have ran if he was allowed to.. I'm not an American citizen so I wouldn't know but do you think the Republicans or Democrats would even choose a Native for a candidate? Maybe there are some minor groups that Native Americans have, but they are never noticed so it's not really a fair shot. It's e ather Republican or Democrat lol (as I see it, seeing as how i've only been to America once several years ago)

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Native American leader?
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:11 PM

Hello,

If the Republican or Democratic parties felt that a Native American (or a person of any other race) would win the Presidency - they would definitely let them have the nomination for their party. In all respects, that is the ultimate goal for any political party (Presidency). The U.S. is so extremely diverse that we have all different kinds of people of different races (and also religions) involved in politics on many different levels.

I don't believe that any man/woman of any race (with the right qualities) would be rejected. But each party can only have one person run (representing that party) so they will definitely put forth the person who they think can win when it comes time for the vote. Because in the end it is the people who decide.